Sunday 27 July 2014

ANCIENT EGYPTIAN HIEROGLYPHICS G, H, I

ANCIENT EGYPTIAN HIEROGLYPHICS G, H, I


HIEROGLYPH G
HIEROGLYPH G
There are two hieroglyphs for the letter "G". They represent the different sounds of the letter.
The pot stand is used for the hard 'G' sound in words like great and God, and names like Gary and Margaret.
The cobra is used for the soft 'G' sound in words like gentle, giant and names like George and Gemma.

HIEROGLYPH H
HIEROGLYPH H
There are two hieroglyphs for the letter "H". The top image is a shelter. The bottom is a wick.
Either hieroglyph can be used for the "H" sound in words like house and home, and names like Henry and Hazel.
Choose the one that creates the best design in your word.

HIEROGLYPH I
HIEROGLYPH I
The single reed is used for all "I" sounds in words like image and idea, and names like Ian and Isobel.

No comments:

Post a Comment